Rock in Golden Age


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Kodansha has a new issue of Rock in Golden Age on the shelf this month. This issue is the (imo-- better) half of the 1976-1977 duo issues, featuring artists like Patti Smith, New York Dolls, Suicide, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Television/Richard Hell, The Stranglers, even the Boomtown Rats who had a noteable punk hit w/ Lookin' Out for Number One, then the awkward segue into Earth Wind & Fire, Parliament Funkadelic and Stevie Wonder's classic, Songs in the Key of Life. Personally I think that white people ruined the names of both funk & reggae permantly spilling some sort of indellible bongwater of shame on them & then hacky-sacking them into the realm of ironic dreadlocks and stink...

The nod is warranted, but next to Blondie's debut it's still a little jarring--- it's not too heavy in depth but for 740en no less--- it's still a nice picturebook.


0 Responses to “Rock in Golden Age”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


EYES ON THE WIRES

  • Hey I thought I'd clue you in that I don't live in Japan anymore... more than a few blog posts that nobody reads back I left Japan, but was unable to get back in which completely fucked my relationship up, and well, here I am now... single again. Am I bitter about Japanese immigration, fuck yeah (Sea King!), but what can you do...
  • Previous posts

    ARCHIVES


    ATOM 0.3